2.04.2009

New York Comic Con this weekend

Set up for New York Comic Con starts tomorrow, and although it doesn't open to the public until Friday at 1 pm (open to anyone with a Professional badge early in the day Friday), I'll be there tomorrow to help set up and also working each day at the convention in addition to geeking out and checking out all the events, booths, books & toys that I can.

I've volunteered to work with my friends and former colleagues at Titan Books. Back when I was an SFBC editor, I used to buy some of the great books coming from Titan and I'll be glad to helping at their booth this year. Titan has some exciting books right now. Red hot stuff like the awesome, WATCHING THE WATCHMEN.

I'll be at booth #1514 each day until about 2 pm, if you're stopping by the con be sure to stop by and say hello. I'll be the slightly bearded fellow, in his element, with a big grin on his face. It is comic con after all.
They'll be so many cool events, panels, and signings going on all weekend. For a quick round up of highlights, check out Heidi's updates at The Beat (as always, she's got it covered).

Also, I must mention my good friend, and Del Rey's newest author, Peter V. Brett will be signing copies of his debut novel, The Warded Man, which publishes next month, at the Del Rey booth on Saturday at 4 pm. And if you're lucky, you may snag a convention badge promoting The Painted Man as Del Rey is promoting on the badges this year (see Pete's blog for more on this).

[All photos in this post are actually from the 2005 San Diego Comic Con, just trying to get into character].

No comments:

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...