10.16.2009

Live Chat: R.A. Salvatore

Earlier this evening I was one of many fans who dropped by Suvudu.com to participate in an author chat with SF/F author R.A. Salvatore, hosted by the dynamo that is Shawn Speakman.

Bob (Mr Salvatore prefers 'Bob') was a gracious guest who joked around with fans and answered many questions about the Forgotten Realms books he's written, his own Demon Wars novels, his infamous Star Wars novel, as well as various other things dwarf-related and not. Also, just released was his newest Forgotten Realms novel: The Ghost King - which I must get already. (slacker!)

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bob several times over the years at several comic and book conventions and he is just the nicest guy. In full disclosure, I also sold many of his books while an editor for the Science Fiction Book Club, and it was my pleasure to do so as I've been a fan of his since high school (when I was reading his books instead of whatever I was supposed to be reading in school at the time).

I mentally planned a few Salvatore-related future posts, stories I'd like to share about my experiences reading his work, and getting to meet him in person for the first time, which I'm sure many fans will appreciate.

For now I'll leave you with a link to the author chat, courtesy of the good folks at Suvudu. Enjoy.

No comments:

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...