10.21.2009

A Cozy NOOK and a trip to B&N


Yesterday's annoucement from B&N about their new e-reader THE NOOK adds another rapidly developing element to this digital reader arms race. At first glance at the site description, it looks pretty sweet, innovative, and user-friendly.

As I am uber-interested in the e-reader developments (as many of us publishing types are) for more reasons than I can list right now, it'll be interesting to see how this development plays into holiday book buying and gift giving. Eyes peeled for product reviews.

Speaking of B&N, last night I went by the Union Square store where Eoin Colfer, author of the Artemis Fowl books, was there to talk about penning his Hitchhiker's Guide book: And Another Thing. He was quite charming and very funny as I imagined he'd be. He talked about the experience of reading the first Adams book in the 70s and how he embraced the new project as a tribute to the late author.

Overall, it was a good night, as I got the change afterwards to talk shop with my pal Pete at Old Town Bar, my favorite bar in the city. We talked about SF/F, job opportunities, working at home, and World Fantasy Con which I am sadly not attending this year.

Thanks for listening to another tale from the road of this journeyman. Now the My Chemical Romance is playing and I need to get back to work~

No comments:

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...