7.30.2008

Back to the Grind



As I settle in and get back to work on things, I reflect on just how awesome San Diego Comic-Con was. It rocked! And now it is about following up and catching up with colleagues back in New York. I’ve already met a few colleagues, just on Monday night, where we discussed the state of the publishing industry, among many other devious things, at both Old Town Bar as well as McSorley’s Old Ale House.

With Comic-Con here and gone, it’s time to focus on the rest of the summer. I know many industry insiders are heading out to World Con in Denver in a few weeks. I, myself, will not hit a big convention again until the industry-focused World Fantasy Con in Calgary in the late Fall.

In the meantime, it will be all about reading books, completing freelance assignments and staying on top of the comics and gaming scene. There are so many amazing looking Fall and Winter videogames, it’ll take a maximum effort to balance my reading and gaming time. Such is life.

I always try to remember that, "Crom laughs at the Four Winds."

Back to work…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jay- love that photo-
so old school writing meets modern tech.- ohhhh, the choices....
-mindy

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...