4.16.2009

My first game at Citi Field

I've been to my first game at Citi Field and it was amazin'. The Mets won 7 - 2 against the Padres last night, and it was a beautiful night for baseball. Yes, it felt very different from the Shea I grew up in, but new is good, and I started to feel at home right away.


The hardest thing to get used to was no orange and blue seats, but I read that the dark green seats and the exposed dark blue steel throughout the stadium pay homage to Ebbets field, the historic Brooklyn Dodgers ballpark. Classy touch.

The game itself started slow, but then the action picked up with a wild pitch by the Padres which led to a few runs including Reyes scoring from first base. It was awesome to watch. Then Carlos Delgado smashed a solo home run some 405 feet over the odd zig-zag outfield wall.

I had a burger, fries, and a soda for a pretty reasonable price and will definitely try the Shake Shack booth next time I'm there (all who know me, know I love the Shake Shack in Madison Park).

Anyway, I know this is not a book-related post, but what is a blog for if I can't share my life as a New Yorker as well.

No comments:

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...