4.06.2009

Lots of Wolverine Buzz out there

Good morning loyal readers, I know I've been away from the blog for a few, with no excuse other than deadline madness. But the internet continues to be a buzz with talk and early reviews out regarding the one-month early leak of the new Wolverine film. Fox had to pull one of it's own blogger's reviews down (and there is some discussion whether he actually was fired or not for posting it). It'll be interesting to watch how this month early leak affects the film's actual release.

Being a big Wolverine fan, reading X-Men and Wolverine comics as far back as I can remember, I'm going to reserve judgement until I can see the film myself. I know there is a lot of confusing Wolverine history to try to blend into a two hour film, so I fully realize that it can't be done seamlessly. But I'm looking for them to get that feel right, the type of thing that lets me know they understand the character (like the first two X-Men films did).
I just wanted to quickly chime in on this topic, and say hello. I've spoken to one friend who has seen some early footage of the movie, and held him off from telling me anything significant. A few weeks from now, when I've seen it myself, let's have this conversation again.

[Note: I ask that if anyone posts a comment, please keep it spoiler free. Thank you].

1 comment:

John Tintera said...

Jay, you're the man! I tried to email you last week, but it got bounced back. Hope you have a great Easter! See you soon!

John

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...