4.13.2015

Hitting neutral in the tail of a commet...INTERSTELLAR


Finally rented INTERSTELLAR on Saturday night, and wow... just wow. The intense science of it: the relativity, time loops, hibernation sleep, the singularities, all of it is swirling in my head as if I was thrust into a black hole, floating aimlessly into the unknown. 

The film opened up so many possibilities, so many questions, and again I was very impressed by Christopher Nolan. The man makes a heck of a film. I do love a movie or book that you can't stop talking about after finishing it. My wife and I have talked more about science in the past few days than we have in some time. I can't seem to get it out of my head. 

It felt very apt that INTERSTELLAR was the next thing I posted about after finishing reading THE MARTIAN last month. There have been very strong space travel books and films of late, and I'm currently really into reading about this stuff.

In the coming weeks I look forward to posting about Ernest Cline's upcoming second novel, wonderfully titled, ARMADA. I'll just mention it now, with a detailed post coming soon, but what a ride it is... there is so much to say about it.

I leave you with this promotional poster for INTERSTELLAR, watching as an astronaut floats toward a black hole in the warping planet-scape, a surreal visual that I just love. Right up there with the space art I talked about recently when reviewing THE ART OF SPACE by Ron Miller a while back.

Go boldly...


No comments:

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...