1.17.2011

Mission Accomplished, Ebook App Released: War in the Pacific

As some of you may know my day job at Gameloft is developing ebook projects. I've been working on adapting War in the Pacific [this is the iTunes link] by Richard Ovary for many months, and was very proud when it was released in iTunes for the iPad last week.

It was great to see some of the early reviews such as: http://stylishipadapps.tumblr.com/post/2793308704/remember-the-war-war-in-the-pacific, it seems the tech world is starting to grasp what we're trying to do. Expand.

Check out this promotional video made by our team at Gameloft made to promote the app.



It was a fun project to bring to the digital world, it was a lot of work, but very satisfying to see the vision come to fruition. Developing ebook apps for the iPad is incredible work, and the possibilities seem limitless.

There is much more to come. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Awesome! So glad to hear it all came together. The preview looks really cool! Now if I could just get my hands on an iPad...

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Is it difficult to make an iPad application? I love your website, especially the covers for the New Teen Titans. I loved that series.

Jayf said...

Thanks Michael. Yes, a lot of work goes into creating an ipad app, but I work at a game developer with lots of experience. Thanks for commenting.

DEAR CYBORGS by Eugene Lim, a little review

I had read a great little article on LitHub.com about this new novel from Eugene Lim and went to seek it out. Soon after I had acquired...